What does it consist of?
Support for the creation and development of new business start-up projects or self-employment projects by people registered with the IEFP, I. P.
The measure is aimed at people who present an economically and financially viable business idea, registered with the IEFP, I.P at the date of application.
The new company can start business under the following terms:
- In the 180 days immediately preceding the date of the application submission.
- After the date of application submission.
Eligibility of expenses for investment support:
Expenses are not eligible:
- With real estate acquisition;
- With building construction;
- Whose relevance to the realization of the project is not substantiated.
- Which together exceed the value of 200.000€.
- The project’s working capital is eligible up to 50% of the eligible investment, with a limit of 10 times the value of the social support index (IAS).
Financial investment support for business start-ups:
Financial support up to 85% of the total eligible investment, in the following modalities:
- Non-reimbursable subsidy, up to the limit of 40% of the eligible investment, being increased in the following situations:
- 15%, in the case of projects promoted by recipients of the under-represented sex in a given sector of economic activity, and provided that they hold the majority of the share capital and voting rights of the recipients.
- 15%, when it comes to innovative projects, covering the creation of a new idea, product or service, in the areas of technology, climate transition, business model, among others.
- 2.5%, per job created for an open-ended employment contract for a person with level 5 to 7 qualifications, or 5%, with level 8 qualifications, up to a limit of 15% of the value of the non-refundable subsidy.
- 25%, when it comes to projects located in the Interior territory.
- 2.5% per job created for permanent employment contracts and filled by unemployed people registered with the IEFP, I. P., up to a limit of 30% of the value of the non-refundable subsidy.
- Interest-free loan, up to 45% of the eligible investment, repayable in 5 years, with a grace period of up to 2 years.
The projects must ensure at least 15% of the eligible investment amount in equity capital.
Support for creating one’s own job:
Financial support, in the form of a non-refundable subsidy, up to 15 times the value of the IAS per promoter recipient who creates his/her full-time job, up to a limit of four supported jobs.
The financial support for investment and the creation of self-employment cannot exceed, together or separately, the maximum support granted by the IEFP of 200,000 euros.
Empreende XXI is run by IEFP and Startup Portugal.
Interested in presenting your project? Contact us.